How To Determine The Best Medical Weight Loss Clinic?
Obesity has become a damn serious problem. Every 2 out of 3 Americans are medically obese. The issue needs to be addressed in a scientific and proper manner through medical weight loss clinics
If mishandled, it can lead to serious health issues among people and lead to a decrease in the average life span.
In addition to diet plans, various methods have been established to cure obesity. Medical weight loss clinics have many programs for weight loss.
The best medical weight loss clinic is the one that has every sort of equipment, and the one that offers every program required for weight loss.
1) Surgical Accessories And Preparation
This part of the clinic is the most important as surgical operations require to be handled precisely and with great care.
The clinic should have experienced surgeons that can perform any surgery with ease.
Some most common surgeries used for this purpose are:
- It is a kind of laparoscopic surgery.
- A part of the stomach is removed.
- It is an irreversible procedure.
- The stomach shows the size of a banana or a “sleeve”.
- The size of the stomach is reduced by 1/10th.
- The procedure specifically targets and cuts that part of the stomach that produces hunger hormones.
Roux en Y Gastric Bypass
- About 47% of the cases are solved with gastric bypass
- It is performed with the laparoscopic method.
- It is a reversible process.
- The procedure is to cut the stomach into 2 unequal parts.
- One is larger, the other one is smaller.
- The smaller one is sewn to make a pouch and connected with the small intestine.
- Hence, this small pouch acts as the stomach with very little capacity to hold food.
- In addition to these procedures, the clinic must have alternate methods for a life-saving procedure in case something critical happens.
2) Scientifically Cured And Regulated Diet And Exercise plan
A medical weight loss clinic has bariatric physicians and specialized doctors that suggest you a diet plan according to your age, gender, and requirement.
The thing is that you need different amounts of calories at different stages of your life.
Moreover, women have less metabolic rate than men, so they require a diet plan that suits them.
The doctor will examine your family history, previous medications, and any other diseases you have.
Using all this data, the doctor will create and recommend a diet and exercise plan that’ll consist of a calculated amount of calories from different food sources.
3) A Monitored Medication Plan Is Available At A Medical Weight Loss Clinic
These medication plans are not an alternative to a balanced diet. Hence, diet is necessary along with medications for weight loss.
Moreover, these medications have different uses. They don’t work on every patient.
Their prescribed dosage also varies with time.
So, they need to be continuously monitored by a doctor.
They are only prescribed when BMI is at least 28.
- It copies the action of a hormone that tells the brain that the stomach is full.
- It can be used for a long time but may cause constipation, low blood pressure, and diarrhea
- It can be used by children of age 12–17 years.
- According to experiments, it causes a weight loss of 5% to 10%.
- It is a mixture of Naltrexone HCL and Bupropion HCL.
- It may cause dry mouth, dizziness, insomnia, and vomiting.
- Hence, the doctor needs to check on your medical history before prescribing you a medicine for weight loss.
Moreover, you can check the effectiveness of the diet plan on your body weight, time to time to determine the best medical weight loss clinic like Bubolo Medical.